19 August 2011
Liberty is a platform for amazing new work from deaf and disabled artists. Come and enjoy an afternoon of music and cabaret, outdoor arts and dance, and fun for children.
For the first time this year, the festival is hosted at London’s Southbank Centre, as part of celebrations for the 60th Anniversary of the Festival of Britain, and the National Theatre as part of the Watch This Space Festival.
The two main festival locations are the Clore Ballroom, inside the Royal Festival Hall, and Theatre Square, outside the National Theatre.
Comperes Steve Day and Liz Carr will introduce a host of music and cabaret at the Clore Ballroom. Highlights include:
* Heart n Soul’s Jazztronics with VJ’s
* soprano and concert artist, Victoria Oruwari
* ska and reggae with La Rebla Fam
* stand up from Kiruna Stamell
* electrifying rap from Lady MJ
* French juggling sensation, Juggle Deaf.
Outside in Theatre Square there’ll be exciting arts and dance throughout the afternoon, compered by Julie McNamara, with performances by:
* Deaf Men Dancing with Rachel Gadsden
* Graeae’s Rhinestone Rollers
* StopGAP Dance Theatre
* Cirque Nova
* Fittings Multimedia Arts.
Check the website during the summer for regular programme updates.
Presented by the Mayor of London in partnership with Southbank Centre and National Theatre